Benefits of Foam Insulation – What is Spray Foam?
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
Simply put, SPF (spray polyurethane foam) is the most efficient and cost-effective insulation you can put into your home. It’s made from liquid elements which, when combined, become a foam that expands 20 to 30 times its liquid state – filling cracks and areas traditional insulations just can’t reach. SPF is most commonly applied to the walls, floors and ceilings of a building.
The benefits of Spray Foam
The advantages of SPF vs. traditional fiberglass and cellulose insulations are many. Here are the biggest ones:
- SPF eliminates air infiltration, drastically reducing year round HVAC costs – in many casesby as much as 45%
- Keeps moisture out – the cause of harmful mold and mildew
- Helps keep insects, rodents, and other pests where they belong – outside
- Provides superior noise insulation
- Increase strength of the structure by 25%
- Regulate temperature, keeping your home and workplace comfortable
Mold and Moisture:
An improperly insulated home is more prone to moisture buildup in walls. This moisture is what allows different varieties of molds to grow – molds that pose real health problems for you and your family. Some produce allergens causing reactions and even asthmatic attacks, while others are known to contain toxins and irritants. Once there, ridding your home of mold is both difficult and expensive.
The tight seal that spray foam provides is without a doubt the most effective way to prevent mold from ever growing in the first place.